Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Grass cutting time! November 24th

I can't believe it but I have been mowing the lawn today, down at Joy's in the first instance and then our back garden. It is remarkable how the growing season seems to have been extended this autumn. It is difficult to know whether it really is longer or whether knowing climate change is bringing about noticable change makes one more inclined to credit that.

Alison and I spent a bit of time at the allotment and I managed to dig over another couple of beds and spread some manure over them. It is looking good down there and we brought back the carrots which had been growing in Joseph's plot.

On the way back we went to Joy's and whilst she and Alison went grocery shopping, I cut the grass, dug over the vegetable plot and did some clearing of the garage.

In the afternoon we were in the garden, another mow, pond clearance, lots of leaves needed fishing out, and a clean out of the small shed.

I got a 5km run in before making tea, Maria enjoying another zoom dance session from 4.30 - 7.15. A lovely autumn day all round.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...