Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Rain dodging



We have had a good few days with a bit of time in the garden and getting things done round the house, as well as taking it easy reading and cooking. Very welcome after a busy weekend. At the same time the rain has continued to fall and the same looked set to be the case this morning. However, by the time Alison and I got back from our ride from Verwood, the rain had not yet got going, kindly delaying for a few minutes until we were safely indoors. It is throwing it down now though.




We had set off separately, me to ride to Ringwood for some shopping, Alison to her mother's. I had the pleasure of going through Potterne and on to Moors Valley and then following the trailway to Ringwood where I got myself some things for the tea tonight, arriving before the Wednesday market had been set up, there was one stall and five or six by the time I left, a far cry from pre-covid days and the limitations of lockdown.

The rivers are swollen of course and the rising water levels have been of benefit to some. My day was made in seeing a great white egret for the first time. The species bred in the UK for the first time in 2012 and is still quite limited in number but these are growing and I was aware they are at Blashford for example. The poor middle photo is of the bird on the lake where it was enjoying success in feeding.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...