Saturday, November 21, 2020

Great White Egret





 I was at Morrisons early on Friday following the school run and then took myself down to Joy's before setting off on a 5 mile run to Moors Valley and back. Of course there was rain but not too much and I was able to enjoy the sights, especially running alongside the lake where I saw the great white egret again, this time with it perched in a tree near the waterside. That was quite unexpected and well worth stopping to see more fully which allowed me to see the grey heron hunting at the edge of the lake and therefore easily compared with the egret. 

Alison and I also got the opportunity to go for a muddy walk before lunch and we came across the huge fungus growing on the roadside, photo above.

By mid afternoon I had the woodburner lit and spent a warm few hours with the pets.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...