Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Home produce


A few items from the kitchen in the last few hours. The main dish is a blackberry cobbler which I'm not sure is the right word but it is what was on the BBC Countryfile recipe. Just a tub of blackberries, flour with vegan butter mixed in along with sugar. There are four jars of chutney made using the home grown tomatoes and two jars of blackberry jam using berries picked along the roadside and a few apples from down the lane. The extra berries were used to make blackberry sorbet, the first time I've made such a thing and the rapsberries from the allotment were used for raspberry coulis, very easy to make with just a little icing sugar and lemon juice.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they all taste like.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...