Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Allotment - lots of crops





Maria was at dance yesterday from 4.30 - 7.15 so I took the bike with me and rode the 5 miles to the allotment to do some weeding and to collect some more veg. In fact I came home with lots of raspberries which, added to those from home, gave us half a kilo, enough for a jar and a bit of seedless jam which I made this morning.

There are plenty of runner beans, french beans, onions, peas, potatoes, tomatoes and beetroot, along with spinach and chard. We've got a rucksack full at home for meals over the next couple of days before we head down to Cornwall in the motorhome.

I rode back and had time to pop out for a little jog too before Maria finished. Cue a bit of cramp in thigh last night. I might have pushed a bit too hard.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...