Sunday, July 26, 2020

Weekend fun

Having enjoyed a run of just over 5 miles through the woods around the Remedy Oak Golf Club yesterday, I was out and about early this morning for a bike ride before the clouds took over and the wind started having more of an affect.

I headed to Wimborne St Giles and then onto Gussage St Michael and Cashmore, crossing over to Farnham and Chettle. By the time I got home I had 21 miles under my belt and am feeling perfectly ready for the 100km ride which will happen as soon as the sun shines, the wind drops and conditions are easy as can be.

Alison has been busy in the kitchen cooking all morning, preparing for our trip to Leominster and beyond, with plenty of buns and cakes for snacks. She was also keen to use the allotment potatoes, spinach and runner beans for the dinner. All very good.

I have been sorting the motorhome again and bought an inexpensive pocket hanger which has some 24 pockets in clear plastic to pop bits and pieces in for easy retrieval e.g. torch, multi function tools, matches, remotes, keys and so on. The clear plastic means you know exactly what is where at a glance. I also got a pill box which has 7 compartments and have put spices in each one, a space saving way of having easy access to the means of sprucing up many meals. I've gone for Indian spices in the main but also tumeric which is supposed to have lots of medicinal qualities.

We are off tomorrow for the week, heading to Hereford and then on to Leominster for time with family at a cottage which has been in Kate's family for some time. It has a generator and no mains electricity which will be interesting! There is no internet, no wifi, no mobile signal and no TV. On the other hand there is plenty of garden and fields to play in and a river at the bottom of the garden in which we can swim and investigate the wildlife. I am very much looking forward to it.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...