Wednesday, July 01, 2020

Ultra inspired


Having been reading about Scott Jurek I felt I ought to try pushing myself a little harder which meant a day of running and cycling taking me to Verwood, Wimborne and back home. This was to weed the veg plot for Joy, weed and tend to the allotment whilst collecting spinach and raspberries and back to cut the lawns and do some strimming at home.

I ran 6 miles to Verwood running in the oppostie direction at the start in order to lengthen the journey which meant running up Devil's Hill. I was pleased to be under 9 minute mile pace at the end. The ride was just under 18 miles in total and a little slower than usual as I tried not to over extend myself. Lots of greenery in the various plots now and just hoping the runner beans take off this week. They are almost at the point of climbing up the poles.

Having got back home I mowed the lawns, front and back, as well as moving the bird feeder so it is further from the shrubs used by the cats as cover when trying to catch the birds. There was still time to do some strimming too and the front garden is looking pretty trim.

Let's see what tomorrow brings but in my mind I feel I ought to be doing a short but pacy run, recovery plus. My intention is also to do more to prepare healty food using some of Scott Jurek's recipes.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...