Thursday, July 02, 2020

Chelsea buns - cinnamon buns

Another busy day with an early 4 mile run which was very encouraging following al the miles of running and cycling yesterday. Managed under 9 minute miles for the first time in a good few weeks and felt good, so much so that I popped out for a ride later, 8 miles, going down to Verwood to join the rest of the family at Joy's.

It was a busy morning in the kitchen starting with putting together vegan granola inspired by Scott Jurek, making chelsea buns and getting a lovely curry for lunch. Very pleased with the buns. They came out well, although I will put some raisins in next time - they weren't in the recipe I followed. Very pleased with the dough - nice rise and plenty of air in the finished bun. The curry was very tasty too. I'm enjoying cooking more and  more. Perhaps time to get more adventurous?

I got the front hedges done again, avoided too many thorns on this occasion, and it is looking neat and tidy.

Daily steps are up to 20000 most days now and I hope to catch last year's total. It's been hard because February, when I was ill, was an almost complete wipeout.

Maria got her English and History finished and had a trip over to see Summer and Tiger. Looks like dance can happen again soon and there will also be drama culminating in a performance of Midsummer Night's Dream.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...