Sunday, July 12, 2020

Sunshine has returned

It was lovely to be out and about a bit more yesterday because there was some warmth to the sunshine for the first time in a couple of weeks. We seem to have been lumbered with this gusty wind of late and it has made sitting outside less pleasant.

I managed a 7.2 mile run early on and then walked back from Joy's house after cutting the lawns. By the time I finished the day I'd done over 26000 steps, s record for the month.

The other news is that I have completed some more of the 57 challenges, firstly in making a new bird table where I took Maisy for a walk and colelcted a long and study stick for the main post and then used some other bits and pieces lying around to make the table and supports. It is extremely rustic looking but it does the job and makes use of materials that have been picked up without any cost or real effort.

I had to work a little harder to do the pad thai. That meant I'd got some thai cooking done and Alison really enjoyed it, plenty of rice noodles, tofu, peanut butter, veg, tamarind, soy sauce and maple syrup, maongst other things. The nice thing is having the ingredients leftover in sufficient plenty to mean we'll be having more of it tomorrow.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...