Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Hedging

A quiet day on Tuesday, as I drove down to Joy's with the hedge cutters to attack the large rhododendron and took it back by quite a considerable amount, so much so that the garden waste bin is overflowing and a pile of branches is going to have to wait for disposal at a later date.

I took the opportunity to check the veg plot and am pleased to see the carrots doing well, alongside spinach, runner beans, french beans and potatoes.

Still feeling the 9 mile run on Sunday, I just did a 5km run late in the afternoon but well under 10 minute miles which was pleasing. Almost finished Dubliners and ready to look at next challenge.

Our visitors left yesterday. Paul and Harriet stayed for three nights, sleeping in the motorhome before setting out to spend the day with Joe and Kate and the girls. Tuesday was earmarked for Marwell Zoo and I am sure they enjoyed the day out, it's a great place to visit.

Time to pick things up a bit on Wednesday after a lazy day.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...