Friday, July 17, 2020

Allotment and excitement prior to Plymouth trip - oh, and 37 years of marriage!

I had a run early in the day and really livened it up by determining that I would listen to 10 songs as I ran and with each change of track I'd change direction. It didn't make any difference to the distance of course but it gave me something to focus on during the run.

In the afternoon we all drove to the allotment to do some watering but mainly to pick a few veg for sister in law to enjoy. We then headed to Verwood and the family had a relaxing cuppa whilst I popped to the shops for a few last minute things ahead of the trip to Plymouth, beer related in particular.

Sandra had made a lovely vega cake for our 37th wedding anniversary, Alison and I have never made that big a fuss over it apart from our 30th when we went to Ibiza. I'd like to celebrate it more  in three years time, our 40th!

Having prepared naan breads for tea, I ended up not cooking as we ordered taekaway instead, although I went ahead with the naans. Very tasty all round.

Next on the itinerary is our Plymouth visit. I've done 5.5 miles running this morning and packed the motorhome. It's our first proper drive and overnight stay and we are all excited. It is great to have room for everything and to know we have a roof over our heads come what may. Lots of photos and detail to follow.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...