Tuesday, June 02, 2020

Allotment

After the home schooling in the morning, I took the children on a bike ride which was fun once Joseph got the confidence to pedal properly. We got a couple of miles done over the gravel tracks and enjoyed it in the fantastic sunshine.

It was then time for some more major hedge trimming - taking down the height of the hedge, having first established there are no nesting birds.

After that I rode to the allotment, 18 miles done in total, where I got the skateboard.trolley hybrid out and used in to ferry water back and forth from the hand pump, the only source of water on the allotment. I also weeded the plots and found we have more growing than I'd thought. Perhaps the rabbits haven't had everything.

The potatoes look good and the onion sets are coming on nicely. There is a good deal of chard and spinach besides a number of runner beans which have survived. Fingers crossed they can keep going despite the nibbling neighbours.




No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...