Friday, May 22, 2020

57 challenges

A little update which will show not a lot has changedin the past few days. All of the things I have started are continuing which is a good thing in itself. However, the one off items are not going anywhere just now, partly due to the lockdown of course but I do need to get started.

I have listened to Hot Chip today as part of the new album a week challenge and I'm well ahead in that one. Not too bad an album and worth a second listen; it's on as I type actually after I listened to it walking Maisy earlier.

I did attempt the keepy uppy challenge which is for 50 in a row but I am going to change it slightly to 57 which seems sensible. The seriousness of my approach is shown in my buying a new football for the task and far beyond too. I'll get the excuses in early - it was on the gravel drive which wasn't easy to play on and there is also a slope. I will add it's the first time in months I have tried to kick a ball around and I was cramped for space by the motorhome and hedges. Having said that I did get to 45 which should mean I'll get to 57 pretty quickly, especially on a level playing field.

The second thing I've done is get my car out, first time in months as we've been exclusively using Alison's recently, and drove the short distance to Sutton Holms where I'd seen some chopped logs a while back. A quick foray into the woods and I was able to get hold of a nice size chunk of wood with the intention of using it create a log planter. I'll measure for a plant pot to be popped into it, drawing the outline of the circumference and drill it out and then use the chisels and sander to create a space to pop the pot into. I'll look to drill holes into the bottom of the log to drive legs into which will raise it from the ground and level it out. Depending on how it looks, I'll then decide whether to varnish it or not and whether it comes in or stays out.

Could be the first of several if it works, as they might appeal as Christmas presents.

Very short run today - just 5km due to tiredness. I am pleased it is half term now as it means I can have a week off home school next week and spend a bit more time at the allotment.




No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...