Sunday, March 15, 2020

Busy Saturday


I was out and about early to walk the dog before cycling down to Moors Valley parkrun before the return journey home. I managed to bring back a couple of strangers from the walk with Maisy as an Ocado delivery van had a puncture and the two guys were having to wait for 90 minutes for a replacement vehicle to arrive so they could continue delivering whilst the other person then waited to get the puncture sorted.I thought it would be nice to invite them in for a coffee which they seemed pleased about even if a slightly less tedious way of waiting it out.

Nice ride to Moors Valley but the return was hard work. It's much more uphill and I came back via the lanes and golf course, all of which were wet and muddy. It was bumpy, slow and meant the wheels were slipping as the tyres struggled for grip. Just 10 miles in total but it felt longer!

In between I managed 225 out of just under 600 runners at parkrun, although two minutes slower than my PB. However, I was well under 9 minute mile pace which I was pleased with after the ride and given I did deliberately take it quite easy. Not an idle boast, I was conscious of not over doing it and it paid off with nice balance between a reasonable time and not feeling shattered.

After lunch, I took Maria to dance from 3.00 - 7.00 and decided to go to the allotment. It turned out to be a good decision giving me time to rake over plots already dug over and to fill in the bean trench, as well as to do some more digging, clearing the chard and spinach from last year and to move the tool store and compost bin. Very productive.

The other photos are of colour in the garden on 14th March. Spring is on the way.








No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...