Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Turning the motorhome round

It's been a very busy day with a trip to hospital for Alison's arm x ray, fixing Joy's gate and front door lock, deciding on the work to be done converting the loft into a large room with electric and heating and light, Maria's Parents' Evening and a first run in more than two weeks.

However, the part of the day which was worrying me most was getting the motorhome out of the drive. Having reversed in, it was actually quite straightforward getting out. I cut back the hedge even harder and determined on driving back in rather than reversing so that we could access the rear door which would help with getting in and out more easily.

It was also Alison's first opportunity to sit inside the moving vehicle and I am pelased to say she enjoyed the ride being higher and able to enjoy the view with great visisbility. After just a few yards I could see that having brought a few more items inside we would have to pull over and secure them. Just yards later I pulled over again as I saw one of the doors swinging open, the ative catch not having been activated correctly. It was helpful in reminding me how important it is going to be that we check everything thoroughly before driving.

It was  a trip of just a few miles and I was pleased we went through some narrow lanes without problems. It looks like driving the MH will be ok but the parking back at home is going to be more challenging.

I drove in but getting the angle right was not easy. It looks like I will have to go past the drive and turn round down the road before swinging inside. That will allow me to follow a straight line rather than have to manoeuvre the vehicle. In theory that means the gateway is wide enough. We will see.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...