Friday, February 28, 2020

Gym and exercise post chest infection

Its been a month since I was at the gym and didn't I feel it this morning. Having been ill I have been unable to exercise which, given I was running and cycling every day, has been quite a shock to the system.

It is amazing how quickly you lose the easy comfort that goes with regular exercise but I am hoping that it is also amazing how quickly it can return.

I got on the treadmill and churned out 5km in 30 minutes and then jumped on the bike for a further 5km in just over 13 minutes. The nice thing is I feel ok terms of my chest and haven't coughed too much at all. It is my thighs which ache, the quads. We'll see how long they take to settle down.

Another very wet day, hence the gym rather than the glorious outdoors.

Noteworthy things:
  • emailed Ian G as part of catch up
  • agreed to proceed with work on the attic for loft conversion
  • organised motorhome
  • wet walk with Alison and Maisy to Remedy Oak golf course

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...