Monday, January 21, 2019

January - Blue Monday?


It's been an eventful few days domestically with lots of utensils breaking down resulting in a new washing machine arriving today, new vacuum cleaner and new fridge freezer on order. We are fortunate to be able to replace the items without too much fuss, especially with me now teaching a day a week at Parkfield.

It was not something I was keen to do but agreed as a favour. Not long after I was starting to get anxious about things, particularly with the teaching being confined to one day which meant four hours of English with Year 11 on a Thursday. That is hard going for anyone and for a 15/16 year old, it must seem an age. However, after the first two days, I am a lot more at ease and have found it straightforward enough to get into, including a Parents' Evening last week.

Lots of running again this month with 85 miles completed, just over 4 miles a day at present. Getting a run completed every day and have done for quite some time now. Not suffering any ill effects i.e. injuries, aches and pains. This is at the same time as going vegan for January, something I will continue as it has proved far easier than I had thought. I have also avoided alcohol this month but that has proved far more of an annoyance. I am looking forward to Feb 1st and could easily cave on a Friday or Saturday.

The photo is of a goldfinch from our garden this morning. It doesn't look injured but was on the path, perhaps stunned having flown into something or, more likely, been ambushed by one of the cats. It is currently recovering in a box in the lounge.

Finally, I am pleased to write I am now writing properly again. Just the first 500 words but Alison was impressed by the start. Enjoyed it thus far. The plan is to get to around 5000 words and then contact literary agent or similar with a view to publication. There has to be a huge market amongst teachers for the novel I am writing. I would also hope that it would find favour amongst others too.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...