Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Weds 5th Sept

So, it is beginning to sink in, I am no longer working. The children were back at school today after the various INSET days in the early part of the week and that meant 6 hours and more of 'freedom'.

I had a run, just over 4 miles, and then took a trip to Blashford Lakes and saw plenty of different birds including lots of herons.

  • heron
  • cormorant
  • gadwall
  • mallard
  • coot
  • lapwing
  • great tit 
  • blue tit
  • nuthatch
  • jay
  • blackbird
  • robin
  • woodpigeon
  • chaffinch
  • great crested grebe
  • shoveler
  • black headed gull
  • herring gull
  • little egret
  • sandmartin
  • mute swan
  • canada geese
  • tufted duck
On the way home I had a quick 9 holes of golf at Crane Valley hitting 554455447 which is 10 over at 43. Very disappointed with the final hole which I have been getting better at, as well as the 7th and 8th which are par 3s. I got a 4 on both when I usually get par 3.

It was lovely to be able to collect both the children from school. Maisie got plenty of admiring looks and strokes as we waited at the middle school. From there it was time for home and a meal of aubergine lasagne, patatas bravas, runner beans and salad, followed by fresh cherries.

I could get used to this! 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...