Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Ouch

I got the golf in yesterday before collecting Maria from dance and was pleased with the 83 I scored which is 17 over par, well within the 26 maximum handicap. I am getting more consistent but there are two holes in particular which catch me again and again, especially the last. Grrrr.

This morning I ran a short distance, just over three miles, and have almost beaten my record distance for the month. I've done 75 miles in August which is just behind the record 78 from July. I've got over a week to beat it! Feeling fit for all the running and enjoying listening to podcasts whilst doing so.

I have completed the hedges at Joy's home and have finally brought the hedge cutters home. In sweeping up, I disturbed a wasp nest and didn't notice until stung on the leg. Looking down I saw the wasp stuck to my leg by its sting, as if it had struck and didn't quite know what to do next. I had to clear out the way for a few minutes to let them calm down. There was also time to plant some lettuce seed which is meant to be ready in a couple of weeks. Maria was great in helping water the seeds in, sweeping up hedge cuttings and sweeping the path.

We are off to Kingston Lacy next.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...