Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Health

I went back to work today but left for home after about quarter of an hour when several other teachers told me to leave having been disturbed by my hacking cough. So to cheer Arn up I went to the doctor again and have been given some antibiotics this time to help clear my chest but I have been smoke free for several days now, over a week, which may mean I am now entitled to NHS treatment. However, I doubt it.

I was thinking of Paul today as I also ended up at Bournemouth hospital when QE rang to say Glen had blurred vision after swimming lesson where he was playing water polo and had no goggles. I thought it might be the chlorine but the school had already made an appointment at the eye clinic at Bournemouth, so off we went. It's the first time I've been there apart from A & E, since my appendix came out several years ago and Paul visited a couple of times. I can remember one of the days being a Monday because I was reading The Sun outside when Liverpool and Middlesbrough had drawn 3 - 3 with Ravanelli scoring a hat trick. Wikipedia says that was August 1996!

Anyway, I am signed off for a week but aim to be back on Monday. Sounds like fun back at school judging by the emails today. Can't wait.

No comments:

Euro tour

Our little trek round Europe is taking shape and is coming ever closer. This is for Maria and Lily to have an adventure after Maria's GC...