Monday, July 28, 2008

End of school





For the last day of the school the entire staff was invited to the Balmer lawn in the New Forest with the leadership team making an advance reccy of the place on Tuesday eve in addition to the Weds night.

It was a great couple of days although tinged with a good deal of sadness. I must have played tennis for around 6 hours and was completely shattered forcing me onto the croquet which was a mistake in bare feet. I whacked my foot and got stung while playing which wasn't nice but the alcohol numbed the pain.

I had a 3am finish on Tuesday and a 4am finish the next night which meant Thursday was a bit of a blur. I barely slept at all but had a good time with a bottle and half of whisky cleared in the two nights. I'm no sure I would have been doing forward rolls into the pool otherwise. The handstand entry and backward rolls were even worse. It doesn't help the other teacher being fit, being a gymnast and graceful. I almost emptied the pool every time I jumped in.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...