Monday, July 23, 2007

Hengistbury Head






In a brief break in the wet weather, we took a walk round Hengistbury Head on Sunday including Stanpit Marsh. There were dozens and dozens of families out for a stroll before Sunday dinner with plenty of dogs chasing round. I hadn't walked as far as the beach huts before and hadn't realised how Christchurch harbour looked when viewed from a distance. The same goes for Poole harbour which I find difficult to understand how it all fits together.
I ought to do some basic geography and get my bearings sorted but I am too busy reading Moby Dick which will take several weeks to get through.

No comments:

Digging for the harvesting

I was completely wiped out after yesterday's exertions with a run, dog walks and then a few hours at W allotment digging over beds ready...