Monday, March 26, 2007

Coriolanus

Somewhat embarrassingly for an English teacher, I have never been to Stratford to watch any Shakespeare before but Alison and I went up this weekend and watched a production of a play I didn't know anything about at all, Coriolanus.

http://www.rsc.org.uk/WhatsOn/3530.aspx

It was a fantastic experience with a three hour performance flying by. We had a relaxed drive up and enjoyable meal before hand and I was fully prepared to doze off during the play itself. However, despite a couple of very quick dozes, I was gripped by the play and found the time flew by.

We are planning to go up again soon to watch a performance of King Lear in May.

No comments:

Allotment day again

With Maria needing picking up from school and then being at dance for an hour and a half, I took the chance to visit both allotments yesterd...