Sunday, June 04, 2006

Verwood move up to second

The result has left us in second place in the table, perhaps a reflection of the quality of opposition faced rather than our prowess. Playing Centurions, Verwood opted to bowl and looked to have the game sewn up early in dismissing them for just 98 on a scorchingly hot day. I took just the one wicket while Dan and Chris M both took four apiece.

What should have been a modest ask became quite a task when we slumped to 50 for 5 and then 57 for 6. Having come in with the score on 50 I was joined by Marc, and together we managed to see off the remaining runs quite comfortably as the second string bowlers came on and lacked much threat.

I'm not sure we will sustain such heights for long but what a contrast with last season!

Bowling 1 - 29 meaning I have 7 - 71 overall
Batting 21 not out meaning my average is now 40

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Digging for the harvesting

I was completely wiped out after yesterday's exertions with a run, dog walks and then a few hours at W allotment digging over beds ready...