Thursday, June 01, 2006

Brownsea Island






We enjoyed a day out at Brownsea Island during half term having set out slightly late while I collected our new car. The weather held fair and we were treated to a great view of one of the red squirrels. I was busily searching through the tall pine tree tops scouring the horizon for sightings, when Glen just popped along and said there was a squirrel by the bins! Shows how much value I am as a tracker when my son casually comes across the squirrel while chasing around the trees in a blur of hyper activity.

The Canada Geese were out in abundance and kept visitors at distance with their fierce hissing. In contrast the peacocks and jackdaws were persistent in attempting to steal picnic food at every opportunity.

The other picture is of a common tern returning to its nest with a small fish. I took the photo while waiting for the ferry back to Poole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Digging for the harvesting

I was completely wiped out after yesterday's exertions with a run, dog walks and then a few hours at W allotment digging over beds ready...