Friday, September 20, 2024

Cooking up a storm





Another busy day with dog walking before Alison and I drove to W allotment and I cut the grass whilst Alison did the picking. We stopped at the garden centre on the way back and Alison bought a vibernum which she planted out later.

Once home, we did a walk in the woods before hitting the kitchen, Alison to whizz up a raspberry and apple crumble and I cooked loads of tomatoes for sauces for the freezer and the fridge.

I did Maria vegan pizza and macaroni cheese for tea whilst roasting us a butternet squash, carrots and courgette, all from the allotment with lots of rosemary, also from the allotment.

We also had spinach we had grown and vegan pasties with a filling of carrot, onion, potato and a little tomato sauce, again all from the allotment. 

I have eaten 62 different types of plant this week according to an app which lists all of the differing things you can include. It is lovely to be able to use so much you have grown yourself.

By the evening dog walk, the thunder was well under way and it absolutely poured when we were at the supermarket a few minutes ago. Fantastic skies and bright rainbows.

No comments:

Cooking up a storm

Another busy day with dog walking before Alison and I drove to W allotment and I cut the grass whilst Alison did the picking. We stopped at ...