Sunday, May 05, 2024

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks







I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday. Even the dog walks were draining and I thought about giving the Ragwormers a miss at Teddy Rocks. I wasn't really needed but it's always nice to support them. Glen wanted me along anyway and we set off back to his at 4, time to walk Rag and for the others to gather for the convoy across to Blandford.

It was the best thing I could have done. What an enjoyable night it turned out to be, and no drunkeness or injuries to report either. We weren't really challenged heading inside and through security, as there was just 45 minutes until the band were due to play. I did manage to get one of the purple wristbands, VIP don't you know!, and spent some time chatting with Mel from Hangover Hill records who had booked the band. 

There were a couple of Scots lads from Perth playing and that went well, and they were great to chat to as well. However, I found out that 5ive were playing at the same time and had to choose bewteen them and the Ragwormers but I'd got it into my head I might be able to meet the 3 remaining members of Five and thank them for all they'd meant to Natasha. They were an incredibly important band to our family and we all celebrated when they reached number 1 with Get on Up.

I was able to negotiate the first part easily enough due to being the Ragwormers manager and credited with some status as being with one of the acts. However, there was a triple A area where the big stars were and I could get no further until I told my story. That meant I was backstage looking out from behind the big screens beaming shots to those at the back of the crowd and was able to see all the pyrotechnics being readied for later, the equipment etc. but the actual area was largely empty. 

When the band emerged they kind of walked past me and I had to do a double take, forgetting they wouldn't look the same twenty years down the line! I was able to have a chat with them ahead of their performance and they were very gracious and grateful I'd taken the trouble to thank them. 

It was time then to head back to the Ragwormers who were performing on a smaller stage near by. I was able to flit between the two easily and enjoyed both. Our boys were great and got a good crowd up and moving whilst 5ive were reminding just how many of their songs I knew! 

Once the two shows were over and the gear stowed away, we had a good time touring the site, enjoying Soul Hole and having a mad ride on the dodgems, sliding about in the mud and a few drinks. It was great to see them all so happy and dancing to D J Sammy. A lot of fun.

No comments:

W allotment

I managed a good few hours at the bigger allotment yesterday which resulted in my preparing the final beds, the big one in particular, for p...