Sunday, February 19, 2023

Panto fun







Dominating the past few days has been the pantomime with four performances over Thursday, Friday and Saturday and it really has gone fantastically well with something in the region of £1200 raised for the village hall, as well as getting the place used to great effect. I've been at each show in the kitchen and have poured many beers, glasses of wine, teas and coffees and washed and wiped away. It's been great fun throughout and I have enjoyed getting to know the cast over the run.

Once the final performance had finished, it was time for a party which only ended shortly before 1am with plenty of the Sixpenny Handley beer leftover and bottles and bottles of wine. I walked back along the road and promptly fell asleep in the chair. That meant taking Juno out at 3am before making it into bed. We had Evie and Amelia over for the night, they'd been to the afternoon show with Joy, Maria and Alison, and that meant making a Sunday dinner for them and Joe and Kate when they collected them at lunchtime. I wasn't sure how it would go but Amelia and I took Juno out to the woods and I felt quite refreshed by the time I was back. 

Dinner actually went well and it was good to see everyone round the table again. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...