Thursday, December 15, 2022

Brisk



The weather continues to be quite chilly. It's been well over a week without rain and almost constant frosts and it's been lovely. Obviously the cold brings some challenges but it is just right for long walks with the dog and getting outside jobs done.

Today I was out before 6am with Juno and into the woods at 8am before setting off to Verwood to do some gardening and a little shopping. One of the best things has been the recovery of the motorhome with the new starter motor and it sprang into life taking Juno and I off to Joy's where I started by sorting out the rotting bird table and then doing a little digging of the veg plot. Sadly it wasn't for long as the frost meant the ground was solid in places and there was little gain in turning the frozen lumps over. That meant I turned my attention to the pyracanthus, beautiful but full of spiteful spines. I got the hedge trimmed down and thinned too whilst Juno explored the garden.

Once parked up at the supermarket, Juno and I headed off into Verwood forest for a couple of miles before heading home where I was straight out again on a litter pick and then lunch.

Maria finishes school for the term today and will be heading out to dance later, so I am getting a curry done for tea planning what to do tomorrow with Joseph at school but Maria home.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...