Thursday, September 29, 2022

Dog sitting



It's been another busy day but I have been hampered by a sore back which started twingeing after I visited the allotment at West Moors. I took Juno and Rag out at 6.25 this morning so it was still almost dark and had breakfast with everyone else as they got ready and off to school. Having cleared up I had to charge the motorhome battery before it got going which gave me time to pop the dogs out again. This time the van started and I took myself off to harvest some veg, as you will see in the first photo with yet more tomatoes, a squash and a butternut squash, plus some late season beans. 

From there I went to Morrisons where I was shopping for the food and materials needed for the cider press event on Saturday, including vegan alternatives such as cheese and milk, marshmallows and biscuits, plus foil for the jacket potatoes and ingredients for the soup I will be cooking.

It was then that my back went but I had to unload the van, vacuum downstairs, essential with the two dogs at the moment, make some tomato sauce for the pasta tonight, put together some nut burgers and bake some bread, before launching in to soup making. It seems to have come out ok so far but I know there's a lot of work to do ahead of Saturday.

I ended up getting in the motorhome again after some lunch as it was easier to take the dogs up to the village green to run around. That was a successful trip and saved me aggravating the back further and the dogs looked very good sitting in the front, ready to drive off.


 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...