Friday, September 16, 2022

23,000 steps before 3pm.





I've ended up at almost 30,000 steps today and am feeling pretty tired now. Juno and I were out at 6.20 as the sun was beginning to show and walked a couple of miles in the chilly morning air. Alison was off to work for the first time in three years which was quite something and that meant I was off to see Joy and to do mow her lawns. 

I listened to a variety of podcasts as I ran down to Verwood, and with the return home, I ran 5.5 miles. I actually managed to go more quickly on the way back which was uphill and shows how I need to do a couple of miles before feeling warmed up. Anyway, the lawns are looking good and I just have to get on with the hedges down there next.

Once home I had a bit of a rest and a chat with the postman before taking Juno to the woods and having lunch. It was then time to get on the bike for a 6 mile ride to Verwood and back to grab some shopping and to pop into the library for a couple of books. 

Having rested for a few minutes I got on with making the tea, a vegetable curry and aubergine side which was lovely and then back to it with a trip to the allotment before collecting Maia from dance. The squashes are great and the tomatoes are amazing, as you will see in the photo. I got some greens and some runner beans too and enjoyed being the only person there as the sun went down.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...