Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Downpour



Back home and out with Juno early, the sun was shining and all was set for a relaxing day. The birds were dleighted to have their feeders filled and it was fantastic to see a robin feeding two young, chaffinch, blue tits, great tits, goldfinches, starling and so on with the added bonus of nuthatch and most special of all, a colourful male bullfinch. 

I got the grass cut, the grass on the verge raked, the hedge trimmed, lentil soup made, lentil burgers made and salad prepared. 

Alison was down with her mum and then off to collect Maria which meant I was out with Juno in the woods before going for a run. Great timing. I managed a couple of hundred yards before the heavens opened and I was soaked. After a few light showers, I was very disappointed by my inability to read the clouds and I ended up soaked to the skin. Just the worst timing ever. At least I managed 4 miles before getting home for a hot shower to warm up again. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...