Thursday, February 17, 2022

Old allotment and Moors Valley









Having had a heavy fall off the bike yesterday, head first at speed, I was back on the bike after the morning dog walk for a trip down to Verwood and on to Moors Valley. You can see blue skies in the photos but it was getting cloudier by the minute. However, I saw the great white egret, mute swan, coot, black headed gull, tufted duck, teal and magpie. 

Once back in Verwood I got on with filling Joy's bird food feeders and then moved on to fixing the front gates where some of the overlapping lengths of wood had become detached from the lower horizontal bar. I got the drill out and screwed them back in place and then finished getting the wood stain on the front, having done the inside last week.

From there it was back home for a quick lunch and then a trip to Wimborne, by car this time, to pick Maria up from school as the turnaround for dance on a Thursday is tight, and parked up so I could then walk the mile to the allotment. I was strimming more of the pathways and clearing a section of nettles which I am going to dig up next time, sorting the compost and then tidying the strawberry bed. All of this whilst listening to In Our Time on Romeo and Juliet and Half a Yellow Sun on audible.

The plot is ready to go in the main but there is always more to do, in this case, weeding, raking and enlarging the various beds.

I did the tea when I got in and we have Joseph for the night, so he ended up with pasta again having had some for lunch at school. However, mine was better with aubergine and soya mince in the sofritto, and all done in the chilli oil. It's the first time I have used the chilli oil I made and it was potent! Tasty and ok for Joseph it would appear.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...