Thursday, January 27, 2022

Moors Valley - Happy One Hundred






Quite a day with a 7am dog walk to start followed by a 10 mile bike ride to Moors Valley with a stop to admire a nearby buzzard, three moorhen and a group of mute swans. On the way back I joined Alison at her mum's house where we got on with gardening. It was something of a first in mowing the back lawn because the dry weather of January seems to have got the grass growing wildly. I also did some more work in preparing the vegetable beds for spring planting and filled the bird feeders.

Joy doesn't seem to worry about too many veg these days so we will just focus on runner beans, shallots and potatoes for her. The rest of the seeds we plant, like carrot and greens, don't seem to appeal to her any longer. 

I returned some library books on the ride home when we had a bit of lunch before I drove to Wimborne to park to collect Maria later that afternoon. I walked the mile down to the allotment and sorted out the compost heap before doing some more digging. We have new neighbours on one side, the two policemen who have been there before have given up the plot and two women, Rebecca and Ruth, were working on it.

Maria got out of school and we drove home for her tea before she goes off again this time to dance. I took Juno out again and have hit 24,000 steps for the day already. I am feeling tired for sure, and the hundred referenced in the blog post title, that refers to having cycled over 100 miles on the new bike, so over the past three weeks which I thought was pretty good given how freezing cold much of that has been.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...