Saturday, January 01, 2022

Happy New Year


I've had a negative lateral flow test this morning but am feeling a little under the weather, probably just a seasonal cold. I certainly hope so. Time to take it easy after a late night when Alison and Maria and I stayed up to see the new year in whilst watching Little Women.

Juno found it all rather tiring, as you will see in the photo above. However, we had a nice walk before midnight and it meant we got a lie in this morning. Our first walk of January took us round the Martins Farm wood, just over a mile and a half, wet underfoot but a decent enough morning. In fact, it was too warm. We've been having daytime temperatures of 14C and the birds are already singing.

From a resolution point of view, I have taken off the Twitter and Facetime apps from my phone and deleted links to them on the laptop. I really want to avoid just spending time trawling through posts. I have also started on weekly calendar so we aren't ending up overly committed to so many days where we are having to look after everyone else. Not only are we regularly helping out but there are so many last minute requests made, we often have no time for ourselves and it is about time retirement really did feel like rest with opportunities to enjoy activities such as walking, gardening, reading, cooking and so on.

I will see how getting into routine to practice the trumpet, duolingo, reading and writing progresses. Right now I am thinking that a 5.30 start to the day is the answer so I can then be around for family breakfast and school runs, as well as taking care of the dog. The trumpet will have to wait until a more socially acceptable time! 

No comments:

W allotment

I managed a good few hours at the bigger allotment yesterday which resulted in my preparing the final beds, the big one in particular, for p...