Saturday, December 04, 2021

Losing track


I seem to have forgotten or neglected to look at when I last updated the blog. I'll just ramble on for a bit instead therefore and work backwards. I have been watching the Beatles documentary on Disny+ and have been really enjoying it, even though I've never been a big fan of the group. I was amazed how many songs I know of theirs which says a lot about them and the way they come across has also made me question my dismissal of them. They do appear genuinely nice people and incredibly talented. 

We've taken delivery of a new piano today, a second hand one clearly but it sounds fantastic, even if we have a bit of work to do on the external appearance. In fact, Alison has already given it a new lease of life in simply washing and polishing it. She made a good sound on it too despite being a little rusty. The guys delivering it made it seem so simple and there was a minimum of fuss. 

That meant I had a few minutes before taking a delivery of logs. The trolley we bought for camping came in very useful and I quickly got them stacked and away and the wood stove is roaring away even as I type. With the heat pump in place, the stove is even more of an indulgence but it is lovely having a proper wood fire going.

Evie and Amelia stayed over last night, the third weekend in a row, and were very good. We had Evie all day yesterday as it was an INSET day and Joe and Kate were busy with work and the new house. It meant we had company for the walk to the woods and we enjoyed a big plate of pasta in the evening too with Bridie and Joseph joining with Amelia and Evie for a big tableful of guests.

Lots of Christmas things underway with the new tree up and the house just looking welcoming with the lights and decorations everywhere. It is such a wonderful time of the year. Did I mention seeing The Charlatons earlier in the week? I enjoyed the gig at the O2 in Boscombe. Looks like I am off to Southampton next Friday too which should be fun catching up with ex-colleagues after a long Covid break.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...