Friday, December 31, 2021

End of 2021




We have had a lovely Christmas and are determined, as mentioned elsehwere, to enjoy the full 12 days of Christmas which has included trips to Joe and Kate and the girls and to Crossways to see Sandra. It has been a good celebration despite Glen testing positive for Covid, along with most of his band at one time or another during the festive period. It means we are staying in for the NYE celebrations rather than attending the Ragwormers gig which we were going to go to. Maybe not a bad outcome given how commonplace this new Omicron varinat appears to be.

That means a time to reflect of course and I am reminded that a year ago I was in Lewis worried about mum who was in Stornoway hospital at a time when restrictions meant I saw her but my sisters didn't. We determined to enjoy the day though and they made use of every tartan or Scottish appearing item to put together a great night of partying in trying circumstances.

I wouldn't put 2021 up there in terms of best years with mum passing away, Covid and the challenges it brought but there have been so many joys too with several new members of the family in Plymouth, engagements and holidays together. I know 2022 will be a good year. I feel like I learn more each year and am better able to focus on the things that matter which means I'm ditching a few habits which eat into my time e.g. twitter, flciking the phone on. I am going to be less wrapped up in distractions and pay attention.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...