Thursday, November 11, 2021

Almost out of the woods

My next plan was to have the medication which makes you drowsy, after a couple of cans of lager and a gin and tonic. It worked for an hour during which time I was aware of having a lovely sleep only to be awakened by the sound of Glen being sick and staggering all over the place from a night out with friends. That meant another sleepless night but I did go back to bed after the school run but that simply gave Glen the chance to get up feeling rough and letting the world know and ended any chance of any sleep! I think he is trying to kill me off!

My approach last night was similar to the one outlined above from the previous evening but this time I chose to sleep on the sofa and amazingly I did get a few hours and coughed infrequently. Much improved.

That's meant I took Joseph to school and then stopped at the green for a dog walk in the mist before returning home and attended to a number of tasks including emptying the bins, filling the bird feeders, collecting leaves, raking the gravel which was delivered last week, going for a litter pick in both directions and both sides of the road and then taking Juno out for another walk, this time the goat farm walk.

On this occasion I'd got my binoculars out for the first time in a while and took time to stop and watch a pair of jays, chaffinches and a solitary redwing which is the first of the year for me. The feeders at the side of the back garden are being visited constantly with lots of starlings joining the frenzy at intervals before all taking off in unison.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...