Sunday, August 15, 2021

Visitors

Saturday came with the promise of a clear morning, just the three of us at home until our visitors arrived later in the day. That meant I got into the garden with Alison and we got a good few hours out there, trimming and weeding, tidying and clearing away with the hammock now out and the fire pit readied for later.

Having got out running again, I have continued over the weekend as a whole, running over 3.5 miles on both Saturday and Sunday with warm ups and warm downs on both occasions. I am going to look after myself a little better until I get back into the routine more fully.

With all the football back on, I did end up having a few drinks at lunch time and then had a little rest in the hammock, without falling asleep! Good to see both Liverpool and Plymouth winning over the weekend, along with Celtic, it looks like with them two up at present.

Our visitors arrived just after 4 and we had a goo few hours getting to know them. Peter is my mother's half-brother, some 15 or 16 years younger than her. He has been in touch with mum over recent years and has called me subsequently. It has been interesting starting to get to know more about this side of the family. He came with his wife, Nina and their two children, Kenny who is 15 and Katie who is 13, just a touch younger than Maria.

After a late start to Sunday, Maria and Alison went shopping for school shoes in Wimborne whilst I got on with picking more veg until they joined me at the allotment. It is just amazing how much there is with loads and loads of runner beans, two more courgettes, a big crop of French beans, peas, more beetroot and various greens including spinach and chard. 

The evening beside the fire pit was great, it feels so long since we had an evening out there.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...