Monday, August 02, 2021

Allotment update from Wimborne







I was off early today and at the allotment before 8.30 with the strimmer in hand to quickly tidy the paths up before we are away again for a few days. I don't want the plot to become too overrun during our various absences but I also wanted to get along to check what was ready for picking so we could take some up to Lyepol with us on Wednesday.

The potatoes are doing very well and we are going to have plenty to keep us going and the same is true of the runner beans and courgettes. It will be a case of trying to keep up with them, especially as we have the french beans to come yet. There are also a number of different places where there are greens growing which means a good variety to choose from, even as some of the older plants start to bolt. 

It looked lovely in the sunshine of the morning and was a real joy to be in. I also managed to save two warblers from potential danger as they were trapped inside a netted area in a neighbouring plot. Poor things were terrified.

From there I off to cut the hedge at Joy's where I got the front part done making the place look nice and tidy to anyone passing by. I also mowed front and back lawns and dug up some potatoes for Joy plus some runner beans.

I got the motorhome all clean and tidy, down on my hands and knees sweeping the dirt out, checking the toilet and sink and ensuring all was ship shape. Alison did a great job yesterday in cleaning the cooker and fridge.

We had some of the ruuner beans and greens in our vegetable curry this evening and I got out for a 6 mile ride on the bike before a late evening walk to get to 16000+ steps for the day.

Hedge cutting a bit of ours tomorrow but mainly the guy over the road's hedge, as a favour which reminds me I did a litter pick too and collected a lot of rubbish which was disappointing. Almost all of it was the usual litter from fast food, drinks bottle, cans and smoking stuff. I found it more depressing than usual for some reason.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...