Thursday, May 27, 2021

Italian heritage

 You'll have to take my word for it but we have been enjoying some Italian food and it was lovely. More of that in a moment but first, the car is back and passed MoT with the emissions sorted after a new filter and some other tweaks. Good news but it will be being used less in future as we have just bought Alison an electric bike. It will keep her supported for up to 30 miles and we pick it up from Halfords next Tuesday. I am looking forward to getting out together, particularly in the sunshine that is forecast.

I also got out for a run for the first time apart from dragging the children round Junior Parkrun at the weekend. It's been a while because of the pain behind my left knee following the walk earlier in the month I did 1.25 miles and in an ok slow time. Now to build up again.

Tea was pasta with aubergine and lentil in a tomato sauce, celery and carrot with onion of course, plus plenty of garlic. It was rich and full of flavour from rosemary and sage plus some balsamic vinegar. I'd done some couscous too as maria enjoys that and a green salad. It was undressed for a change to encourage the children to eat it but I did a pesto to go with it and that was lovely.

The pesto had garlic, lemon juice, salt, olive oil, a little water, ground nuts (instead of the very expensive pine nuts) and plenty of nutritional yeast which provides the vegan alternative to parmesan cheese. Once it had been through the blender I put it out and it went down very well, especially with Joseph who loved it. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...