Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Memories

 


There were several memories which came up on my timeline on Amazon photos today and this one is from three years ago when Maria, Joseph and Bridie joined me at Dorchester Museum to see the skeleton of the dinosaur which was on tour at the time. They loved the museum and you can see just how excited they were.

Two years ago it looks like I cycled to Farnham near Tollard Royal which I remember being a cold ride of about 20 miles whilst last year there was a huge contrast when I must have cycled to the allotment under bright blue skies on empty roads. It was a long period of fantastic weather when the first lockdown began.

Harry Potter marathon got as far as 6 films with the final book split into two films left for Peggy and Maria to finish. We dropped Peggy off at Fareham this morning and I got on with jobs including the process of cashing in the remaining Prudential pension, applying for the Renewable Heat Initiative and cooking.

There was still time for a 6.3 mile run in an hour which was quite hard work, feeling tired after running or riding every day for weeks now but I listened to The Iliad which is drawing to a close, Hector having died at the hands of Achilles. The story is one of overly proud men commiting war crimes! It is incredibly blood thirsty and there is such cruelty, as well as the practice of enslavement and taking of women by the powerful and the victorious. I have been far more struck by this in listening to the story on Audible than I was when I read it many years ago.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...