Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Sturminster Marshall and beyond

 







I have had a very enjoyable morning starting with a trip in the motorhome to Sturminster Marshall which is where we bought it just over a year ago. It has gone in for repairs to the rook vents which were damaged in the Hebrides by the high winds, and for work on the heater which appears to require a new printed control board, whatever that may be.

From there I got on my bike for a 6 mile jaunt to the allotment through the back roads of East Dorset with some lovely views despite the grey skies.

The allotment is becoming a second home after the long winter during which we seldom visited. With the drier and warmer weather, it is a busy time and I got straight to work planting the early potatoes, one long row and a shorter row and they will be ready for digging in July I believe. 

I also got the tool store sorted out, neat and tidy now, it has all the seeds in too, as well as the essentials spade and fork plus strimmer and rake and hoe. 

Other work this morning included:

weeding the strawberry plants which have come over from an adjacent plot

clearing the last of the spinach and chard plants from previous year

strimming the grass

raking beds

I was back on the bike by lunchtime ready for the ride home, just under 10 miles at more than 15mph, the fastest I've been for several months and a sign that the warmer weather fitness is starting to kick in. It is just easier and more pleasant to get up to speed on the bike or in running when the sun is out, or at least the wind and rain have taken a break.

Now for the radiators to be installed. We await the workmen.

 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...