Friday, March 26, 2021

March walk



After so much running and cycling of late, I took to hiking instead this morning and managed 6 miles before the rain really got going and I headed for home. Alison and I started off together going down to the woods through Whitmore Lane and then out at Chapel Lane which is where Alison returned home leaving me to stick the ear buds in and strike out further afield. 

Having gone up to the village green I kept going to the crossroads and onto the entrance to Remedy Oak. I headed towards Horton at one point but not for long, my route being more towards devil's Hill and the gravel pits. The photos show Horton Tower in the distance and some of the already bigger spring lambs which seem to have become more common in the Woodlands fields in recent times. 

I listened to the British History podcast which is fast approaching the Norman conquest, followed by In Our Time on David Ricardo. A lovely way to spend a couple of hours as the rain bounced off my wet weather gear for the final couple of miles.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...