Thursday, January 28, 2021

Spring is coming





We had Amelia over for the day again and with Maria speeding through her work, there was the opportunity to get out and about for a bit in the much milder temperatures. Alison and Amelia made cakes while Maria worked through aerobic and anaerobic respiration and other topics before we took the motorhome down to Verwood and had a play in the park before a short trip to Joy's house where the girls played as Alison made sure her mother was ok and had something good for lunch.

After our lunch I ran a few miles but it was interrupted with news of my mum going back into hospital in Stornaway which means a few days of anxiety waiting to see her back on the mend. Having taken Amelia home I took Maisy out and she did well, all the way to the bottom of the track and back where I saw the flowers in the photo above, the snowdrops and daffodils. With the bird song and the sight of a goldcrest hawking small flies, it really did look like the season is on the change.

The final picture is of the back garden. I have added some new challenges to my list in view of the likely impossibility of others. One is to take a photo of the same spot each day to create a stop motion film capturing the changes to that spot over the coming months. 4.15 each evening which will show the changing light and the coming flowers. 

Other new tasks include improving my chess - I am a complete novice - using chess.com which looks very helpful. There is a poem a day too and listening to a classic album chosen at random by Alexa. It's currently The Beach Boys. Made further progress with the book too and have reached about 2/3 of the way through. Maybe available to readers by the end of February!

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...