Friday, January 15, 2021

River Crane


 

It was a much improved day in terms of weather. The sun was out and was a welcome companion on a chilly afternoon walk alongside the River Crane which is a seasonal river running through Cranborne. There were plenty of mallard ducks along the walk presumably taking advantage of the grass which was being swallowed up by the river. Just over 3 miles ahead of the school run whilst listening to 'In Our Time', the BBC podcast, which was focused on 'The Great Gatsby' this week. A very interesting listen and one which made me think carefully about my novel which I'm currently revisiting ahead of putting it on Amazon. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way whatsoever considering anything I write as deserving of being in the same company as this classic of Ameircan Literature. It was more to do with the process of writing, the desire to communicate something through the characters and their actions. I wish I could do it more effectively and realise I am just not driven enough to pursue it as seriously as it deserves. I like the idea of writing and think there are times when I can turn out something of a little value but there are so many other things in life to do, I just can't wrap myself in it as others do.

I'd had a run earlier too. 5km listening to 'Summer' again and noticing increasing numbers of people out and about, exercising during lockdown. Good to see. 

Once I'd collected Joseph we got down to making tea, pizza, pasta, roast veg and roast red cabbage.

I have been enjoying the latest KLF release. I'd forgotten how much I had enjoyed their work.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...