Sunday, August 09, 2020

57 challenges update

I ticked another challenge off yesterday evening by spending an hour on the patio after dark gazing upwards, beer in hand, scanning the skies for meteors. We are approaching the height of the perseids display which occurs every August, peaking around the 12th of August. There were several streaks with one in particular catching the eye, the meteor trailing for a good period of time to the north.

The day had started with a ride to the allotment where I did some quick watering and harvested a rucksack full of spinach and potatoes, all ready for Sunday dinner. A change of plans meant we had Evie and Amelia for the day and for a sleepover which has led to us meeting with Joe and Kate for a junior parkrun this morning. The official run is cancelled for now so we just went round ourselves this morning and that is also part of one of the challenges, as is me completing at least 10 parkruns. I can now submit not parkrun results to the website and I will start doing that from now, given the possibility I will run out of time before next May.

There are several other challenges I will be across soon e.g. motorhoming in Cornwall, paddleboarding, Go Ape, Sunday afternoon tea, watching a ballet. Must be close to halfway now.

On the listening side of things, a new album a week, I have really enjoyed Taylor Swift, much to my surprise, and Fontaines DC. The test is the fact I have chosen to listen to them again. This morning I ran to parkrun, 5 miles, listeing to Fiona Apple. Quite enjoyable but not quite the best album of the year, a label I'd read it had been given by metacritic.

No comments:

W allotment

I managed a good few hours at the bigger allotment yesterday which resulted in my preparing the final beds, the big one in particular, for p...