Thursday, July 23, 2020

Vegan lasagne

I ended up doing an extra bit of running yesterday, completing a 5km jog whilst Maria was at dance. That was in addition to the 20 mile cycle earlier in the day. That wasn't why I felt tired this morning though. After 30 years Liverpool were finally champions of England and were receiving the trophy after their game with Chelsea, a game which ended 5 - 3 to the reds. I did have a few celebratory drinks which led to me falling asleep downstairs until early morning.

Today I have had a longish run, 5.5 miles, dog walks and some strimming but the highlight was making a vegan lasagne which turned out well. I roasted aubergine in the oven for about 30 minutes and added it to the lasagne dish which was coated by the tomato sauce, onion, garlic and carrot with a little balsamic vinegar, sugar, rosemary and basil. It tasted good and I did enough for a gluten free version using the special lasagne sheets. Both versions were in the oven for 35 minutes at 180C, alongside my vegan granola.

The granola was a concoction of my own design, oats, soya milk, cinnamon, maple syrup, raisins, apricots, dates, mixed seeds, chopped brazils and dried goji berries. I've been eating it for the past few weeks and enjoying it, adapting the Scott Jurek recipe.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...