Friday, June 26, 2020

Dutch oven bread

What a gorgeous day again, very hot and very long. We aren't much beyond the longest day which means it was lovely being out till late celebrating Liverpool's title win thanks to the defeat Man City suffered away to Chelsea.

We got the fire pit lit and did jacket potatoes and sausages, the sausages cooked on the upturned pot lid. Best of all I had prepared the dough for an attempt at bread cooked in the dutch over. It was a success and tasted great, as well as looking appetising.





Putting the lit sticks on the lid meant the heat was more evenly spread through the pot, creating an oven effect. I believe it is easier using briquettes but I think I'd eat bread cooked anyhow when it is warm. Always smells so inviting. Now I've done it once, I can experiement with it when we're camping out in the motorhome. It will be something special to be able to provide fresh bread for everyone.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...