Sunday, March 22, 2020

Kings Lane Ride

Another cold but sunny day with the blue skies inviting us all out at a time when we really ought to be staying at home. It would be fair to say that the message from the address this evening was ineffective in that the advice remains advice and there appears ample evidence that the public is ignoring it to a large degree, much the same as with the food panic and stockpiling.

I started with a dog walk round the goat farm and had a 5 and a bit mile run round Woodlands including going along Kings Lane which is currently closed to traffic for a period of four weeks. That meant I also took the mountain bike up there too going on to a bridleway I didn't know of and getting a beautiful view of Horton Tower across the fields.

It was lovely to see some yellowhammers as I was riding and there were two butterflies about, one of which I rode alongside for a few seconds which was lovely.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...